KEEP LEFT……Except on the escalators???

Greetings from London! Had quite the eventful day yesterday, it was a beautiful sunny day here and the locals were complaining it was hot, but was only maybe 75 degrees. In the US everything is to the right, looking for traffic, walking direction etc. It’s all opposite except standing on the escalators, which is very confusing, just when I get used to being on the left, I end up on the escalator for the tube/underground, which has signs saying keep right to stand. as I was getting to the end of my day, I wished I had a pedometer to see how much walking I did, it was about 12 hours straight through, minus, one stop for coffee, and two tube trips, totaling maybe 90 minutes altogether. I have learned a new threshold for foot pain. Also, a few different locals I spoke with said I had packed 3-5 days worth of activities into my day.

I started the day at Portobello Road Market, which was a fantastic flea market of sorts, guessing a mile long. Packed full of booths selling food, clothes, and antiques, and a ton of people. The Antiques are amazing compared to what I am used to seeing, MUCH older things to look at, books, clocks, etc.

Portobello Road

After that I went to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, to see the Princess Diana Memorial fountain, at which point my feet were already complaining. I walked around the whole area, seeing the Peter Pan statue, Albert memorial, and finally got to the fountain The water in the fountain was freezing cold, and I put my feet until they were numb, it was amazing.

Albert Memorial

Peter Pan Statue

Princess Diana Memorial Fountain

Princess Diana Memorial Fountain

Last stop was Hampstead Heath and Golders Hill Park, which was by far the day’s biggest undertaking. starting at the bottom of Hampstead Heath, it was all up hill to Golders Hill Park. but the reward was worth the effort…

From atop Hampstead Heath

I love being in london, so many different things to do and see. The people are more diverse than anywhere else I have been. I’ll leave you with pics from Golders Hill Park.

a statue in Golders Hill Park

Garden Path

Golders Hill Park path

GHP Water Garden

Advertisements

, , , , ,

1. #1 by theplaceswevebeen on July 31, 2011 - 11:52

Great photos!

2. #2 by DiatribesAndOvations.com on July 31, 2011 - 14:01

Looks like it was a beautiful day! Thanks for sharing these memories!

3. #3 by google plus app for blackberry on September 12, 2014 - 08:00

Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to
    me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!

• #4 by NomadicRam on September 12, 2014 - 12:25

Thanks for the comment. You did comment on an “older post”, hope you saw a few more recent ones. 🙂

• #5 by NomadicRam on October 5, 2014 - 15:18

Thanks. Glad to have you along! 🙂

4. #6 by Berlin Pass Coupons on October 4, 2014 - 04:04

It’s amazing in support of me to have a web page, which is
    useful designed for my experience. thanks admin

5. #8 by debt settlement company on October 6, 2014 - 10:02

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Very helpful information specifically the last part 🙂 I
    care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s